Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Or-egg-anic Risotto

G'day, Readers,

So today for luncheon, (I just love saying "luncheon", it's so Grey Gardens, motha-dahhhling), I decided to try my hand at risotto. 
Being half Italian, I'm surprised that I never made it before and what with my new regime and all it's restrictions, since rice IS on the a-list and I had a nice pack of organic Arborio rice on hand, I whipped out the pan and started toasting 250 grams of rice in some sesame oil.

Got it all nice and translucent, browning a bit and then added some water with just cap full of soy sauce for the simmer.

As it bubbled and smelled OHHHH so good whilst, I pressed in a clove of garlic, some paprika, about 1/8th a teaspoon of Fleur de Sel,  and yes, I can't lie, because it's there and I just love it, a lil Mrs. Dash too.  ; )

After it was cooked I cracked 4 organic eggs, (using only two yolks, lucky Tony), and folded them in until it was all thick and rich and velvety and MAN was it hard not to snarf down the whole thing!  Garnished it with some fresh chopped chives and Bob was my uncle.

For those NOT on a crazy restricted diet like myself, the classic addition of grated Parmigiano or Grana Padano or Pecorino even would be fantastic.  As would Feta I'm sure, so get crazy with any fun cheeses and eat it for me, please.

And then there's the traditional start to doing the browning in butter, which I surely would've gone for pre-MPA-life.

Et voila,  I hope some of you out there give it a go and if you do, please let me know how it went down.

+++vibes et bon ap,

: J

3 comments:

Jude said...

Ah finally, something I could share with you! LOL

Juanita Grande said...

That's heeelarious, Jude as I actually thought of you when I was enjoying it. The golden color alone I thought would be attractive...

MAN, I wants me some MORE!

: J

Jude said...

And I will share another round with you then! <3