Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Scientific Salad 10: Mediterranean Popeye

Hello again, Readers,  

Just popping in with another healthy meal-salad idea.

This one is in celebration of after only a month of strict low-cholesterol eating,  my latest dips sticks show that my LDL is NOW NORMAL AGAIN!

The HDL is still nice and normal too and even though the triglycerides are still riding a lil high, as is the total cholesterol count, I'm just delighted with the decrease in LDL--and from healthy eating alone.  Pretty good for a sick puppy too, I might add.

Oh and my Vitamin D levels have returned to normal which is sweet.

So, here's the salad with all that went into its loveliness.

Everything organic when possible and raw, except the scrambled eggwhites:

1/2 cup o' chickpeas, (soaked, cooked, no salt)
2 egg whites,
1 tbsp of ground flax seeds
2 cloves of minced garlic, (set for 20 mins)
1 cup o' raw spinach
1 diced red pepper
a few sprigs o' fresh mint, chopped
a good squish of lemon juice
1 tbsp of EV olive oil
1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
fresh ground pepper

I swear, my jaw muscles are better than ever with all this crunching goin' on 'round here.

Now I'm off to the market for more fresh produce and other delights.

A great day to all and as usual, +++vibes,

: J

No comments: